My favorite GI Joe figures from the 80s 90s



Favorite GIJOE action figures by Wmpyr


There are so many great 3 3/4" GIJOE figures that I remember from the 80s and 90s. From that era here are my new top five.

5. Dee-Jay
Always reminded me of WWF wrestler Koko B Ware. If Koko needed a new gimmick he could have been like Dee-Jay, futuristic pop solider!

4. Longarm
That loud bright neon orange and his bright red weapons, he was a show stealer.

3. Super Trooper
I really like the many versions of Duke, General Hawk in the space suite was a fantastic figure as well, Captain Gridiron was memorable too, and let's not forget Srgt. Slaughter, but the man on top of all that I believe is the undeveloped Super Trooper. He's like the Ultimate Warrior of the GI Joe universe!

2. Hydro Viper
He has a mask that is like a hybrid between a sea serpent and the creature from the black lagoon! And that webbed claw, how can you not like that?

1. Nullifier
He's just a pilot, didn't come with any accessories other than a visor. But the moment I took him out of the box, I was fascinated with him. That kind of grey-tan color that with some fuchsia it just really gave him a bizarre color scheme. Under that massive visor that completely covered his eyes and made you wonder how he saw anything at all was, get this, a freaking snout! He had some interesting cords on his forearms as if some strange chemicals were being pumped into his body. He had some weird ancient alien looking language carved onto his chest. I just can't get over his large skull like dome head. Only until recently did I discover that he was originally meant to be a Cobra La figure and that's why he looks so strange and out worldly, which makes him even cooler in my book because I really like those Cobra La guys! When I played with him, I used him like the Predator meets Giant Baba. He was an unstoppable freak and that's why he gets the numero uno spot.

Comments