The Seduction of Dr. Fugazzi film review by Wmpyr



The Seduction of Dr. Fugazzi (2009) film review by Wmpyr


Being a fan of Troma films I was looking forward to this one. I thought it was going to be like a hardcore trippy independent film style of Alice in Wonderland, but instead we get a hardcore trippy independent style Shutter Island. Do I think this film was well done for the kind of film it is, yeah sure, I really don't have any complaints. It's just that I'm not a fan of Shutter Island, so this is not really my bag of tea. Towards the end of the film when they finally reveal the "twist" ending I was more fascinated by the white room shots that they did, and I kept wishing the scenes were different, more fantasy than the mental institute which were shot this way, I guess to show that the reality feels like a fantasy and the fantasy feels like reality. If you like B-movies with a Shutter Island type story, then this one is for you. To me it's really a non Troma independent film stamped with Troma on it, but somehow it does have the typical Troma type of feel even though it lacks the gore and comedy.

Comments