FRIDAY THE 13TH 3D PART 3 film review by wmpyr

Friday the 13th 3D Part 3
film review by Wmpyr

I've been watching the Friday the 13th series recently. I saw part 1 for the very first time and it wasn't all that impressive to me. Part 4 didn't really keep my attention too well, maybe I need to give it another run, but Part 3 went pretty smooth. I enjoyed it. I do have to say though that I'm starting to get them a little confused because the location looks the same, the plots have a lot of similarities with teenage campers that get killed.

This film has a pretty long flash back into part 2, but it didn't bother me, in fact it was helpful since I didn't remember the 2nd film at all. I really liked how there were the biker gang trio that wanted to get revenge on the teenagers but instead get taken out by Jason. In some parts Jason isn't that good at hand to hand combat, and then at other times he seems monstrously strong and quite invincible. There is kind of a huge inconsistency there, he has the ability to just march in and kill everyone but for some reason he likes to hide and stalk. It almost comes across as if he is a special forces guy like Rambo taking out the enemy one by one. In the end though when there is only one girl left, he decided to show himself as the unstoppable juggernaut. In part 1 it was the mom doing the killing, in part 2 we had Jason wearing an Elephant man like sack mask, but here finally he puts on the trade mark hockey mask about more than half way in the film. To me this is the film that did it, this is the film that finally got to the point where we see the Jason and the Friday the 13th film that we are familiar with. So if your looking for the typical Friday the 13th film this shouldn't disappoint.

Comments