The People That Time Forgot film review by Wmpyr

The People That Time Forgot (1977)
Film review by Wmpyr

I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this film and sure enough it started off like a typical oldie classic film, but to my surprise it gradually got better. The plane vs pterodactyl scene was a bit hard to swallow, but then things get a little better once they crash on the island. After seeing the stegosaurus you pretty much realize how things are going to be in regards to the dinosaur special effects. The scenery though is nice, I read that it was shot in Spain, and it shows. I was happy to see Sarah Douglas in it, but she really wasn't used to her best potential, she is good as a wicked woman but here she is a reporter. The cave girl definitely made the film more colorful, while the lead actor definitely fell short for me. Wish he used nunchucks or something to be slightly more interesting. The professor shined when he took out his cane sword and showed his fencing skills. I don't know why the bad guys are in Samurai armor but it definitely kept me interested. It was neat to see the bad warriors live in a Castle Grayskull looking city on top of a blood thirsty volcano. Their green skinned fat leader was cool too in a colorful way, he reminded me of a really incredibly low budget Goro from Mortal Kombat. This film is suppose to be the sequel to "The Land that Time Forgot" (1975) but it really didn't seem to matter that I haven't seen that one, since I didn't feel like I was missing any major parts of the plot. I read a review that The People That Time Forgot is the better of the two. I really liked it and it makes me think of other films from the 60s and 70s that I really enjoyed as well.
Circle of Iron (1978)
Futureworld (1976)
The Fatal Flying Guillotine (1977)
Master of the World (1961)
The Vengeance of Fu Manchu (1967)







Comments