Dracula 3000

Dracula 3000
film review by Wmpyr

I expected this to be terrible, in fact when I saw this film before, I think I thought that it was pretty bad, but this time around I found it to be rather enjoyable. I had no idea that Casper Van Dien wasn't going to make it through to the end, and that Tiny Lister would and take over as the male lead at the very end. Erika Eleniak looks good as a buff NARC, obviously she gained some weight, and I even mistook her for Raye Hollitt AKA Zap from the American Gladiators. My gripe with the film is that they could have made it even more like Ridley Scott's Alien, since they are out in deep space with a monster. I like that they threw in a robot like the film Alien, except that this one was Erika Eleniak. I only wish that Orlock didn't look like a cheap Halloween store Dracula, to me that was the worst part of the film. I wish they had done something new and cutting edge. Coolio was given quite a role in this film, and definitely adds flavor to the film. The ending was quite abrupt but so is the 1931 Bela Lugosi Dracula. It doesn't bother me, if you keep your expectations low enough then this film is watchable and enjoyable. It's been a while since I've seen Jason X but I think that was a bit better, even though I like the story to this one more. It would have been great if they had put in a Super Dracula in this one like they had Super Jason in Jason X. I can't compare it to Leprechaun 4: In Space and Critters 4 because I don't even remember those, I will have to check them out again.

Comments