Sweatshop

Sweatshop
2009 film review by Wmpyr

Less than 1.5 stars out of 5 on Netflix, 3.9/10 on IMDB, sounds like a really terrible film. I have to disagree with everyone and say that it was more than alright, oh yeah I enjoyed it. It tries hard to present to you the industrial unground music type scene, and I think they succede. The "monsters" look cool, the gore scenes actually have some decent special effects for a B-movie. The characters are absolutely obsessed with sex, and that is pretty annoying for me but it did create some funny dialog, sadly it also made for some lame dialog too. I like that it's a combination flick, you have the ravenous vampire like women which could be a film on it's own, and you have the large sweatshop "Beast" guy. Sometimes it feels like a movie where the monsters are hunting the human victims while in some scenes the Beast acts like he is from a torture film, but they also show his POV which in some ways is like Predator. The film gets really satisfying at the end when The Beast shows up at a rave dance. All in all some pretty cool stuff going on here, I enjoyed it, I liked it.

Comments