Puppet Master X: Axis Rising from Full Moon

Puppet Master X: Axis Rising
2012 film review by Wmpyr

Unexpectedly I saw this movie at my local grocery store I just had to jump on it! I've been wanting to see this for a long time now and finally I get the chance. I really liked Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge, where they did an origins story and set it back in WWII Germany. That was back in 1991, way later on 2010 they made Puppet Master: Axis of Evil. Not as good as Puppet Master III or some of the other titles, I still thought it was interesting. It took us back to WWII era, and Axis Rising is a direct sequel to Axis of Evil. Sadly I have to say that Axis of Evil is better because of story alone. The Axis of Evil story was where the Japanese Dragon Lady and German Nazi team up on US soil and get foiled by our unlikely but patriotic hero armed with the Puppets. His brother gets turned into a new puppet, a Ninja. Now they seemed to realize that Axis Rising wasn't going to be as good, so they made it up by bringing in more Puppets, which was very smart of them, and for that reason alone I think this film is an ok addition to the franchise. Not only do they bring back Six Shooter, we also have enemy Puppets. Overall the film is not as well made as Axis of Evil, but it's campier and that maybe more appealing to some.

Comments