Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan

Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan
2013 film review by Wmpyr

I really liked the start of this film even though the monster Paul Bunyan looked like a cheap rubber suit, it was better than some cheap CGI. This film reminded me a little bit of Killjoy 2 with the delinquents heading out for the woods type story, the drill Sgt. definitely put an interesting touch to it. After that it starts to go downhill once we learn that Paul Bunyan now is huge, I mean like 2 stories tall, and we have bad CGI. If they had kept him "small" there would have been less need to use the cheap looking CGI effects and I think this story would have been cool, like an updated Eegah! campy comedic horror. I was disappointed in this film and I don't recommend it, on the flip side I think the director can only get better, it definitely had potential.

Comments