I, Frankenstein

I, Frankenstein
2014 film review by Wmpyr

This movie was recommended to me because of the fighting scenes utilizing Eskrima sticks. So thank you RedFatCat78! The film reminds me of a combination of Underworld and Legion. Negative thing about the film is that the Frankenstein is probably the smallest least scariest and most human like Frankenstein ever. On the other hand he does look cool, I'm sure the ladies really like this rendition. The story is pretty unique, Gargoyles vs Demons and Frankenstein caught between them, that's definitely not what I expected. I thought it was going to be the usual vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein. Even though the story is a bit strange, I give them credit for that. I read a review where they said that the fight scenes were lack luster, I have to disagree, I enjoyed the fight scenes for a change, too many movies today, the action is so fast and in your face that I have no idea what's happening and I get bored out of my mind. With this movie I could actually follow the fight scenes, and I did enjoy seeing the Escrima sticks and push daggers. It was cool to see the double sticks vs double sticks fight scene. Personally I would have preferred this film if it were more subdued all around and the story was in a much smaller scale, now all of humanity is on the line with this massive supernatural war going on and it's all up to Frankenstein or the world will end, just feels a bit way too much for me. When you make the scale this big it feels a little rushed, other than that I actually enjoyed it.

Comments