Creature

Creature
2011 film review by Wmpyr

Another film I saw on Netflix and I must say this is one of the best horror films I've see recently which may not be saying much, but definitely think that it's a solid one. I like that Sid Haig is in it, and I expected it was just going to be a brief cameo appearance but actually I'm happy to say that it's a bit more than that! I put this film in the same category as My Bloody Valentine but I think this one is better. The backwoods story backdrop is interesting, reminds me a bit of the disturbing Jug Face, which is a better made film, but this one is campier and more enjoyable to my tastes. Also nice to see Eggs from True Blood. A group of young friends go on a backroad trip, walk into a strange gas station to find directions to the home of a mysterious man-gator Big Foot type of creature called Lock Jaw. There is a twist ending, origins story for the creature, and creepy gas station locals as well.

Comments