Terminator 3

TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES
2003 film review by Wmpyr

It seems like the public opinion of this film is that it is the worst of the 4 Terminator films. The budget, the production, everything is done big. Almost too big. Many people hate the story because they found it confusing or that it didn't make any sense. The reason why I enjoyed this film is because I was able to detach it from T2. It sounds silly to do so because they are part of the same franchise but T2 to me was a global phenomenon. I think that when T2 came out back then, it pretty much caught everyone's eye. So to compare it to a film like that is a pretty tall order. So how do I see T3? The romance between John Connor and Kate Brewster could have been much better, but it was a nice concept, nice to see Arnold back even though he seems to have completely stopped trying to act robotic at all in this one. The concept of the TX a female Terminator that hunts other Terminators is very interesting. The plot with the so called twist ending at the end was not well done, But overall to me this is a film that I call easy watching. This is just another one of those films that also had a ton of potential. In the trivia section it is stated that Vin Diesel, Shaq, Famke, and Chyna was considered for the role of the TX. I think it would have been great if they had casted all of them. Arnold would have to defeat each one, and hopefully each one would have a unique special ability instead of cramming multiple abilities into one like they ultimately did for the TX. So, if you keep your expectations low, your getting an average action flick with an A class mega budget, so I had fun with this one.

Comments