Puppetmaster II from Full Moon

PUPPETMASTER 2
1991 film review by Wmpyr

Compared to the 1st movie, I feel that Puppetmaster 2 is all over the place. I definitely prefer the original, but the 2nd one is not without its charms. I really don't like what they did to Toulon in this one, he seemed like such a nice old man in the first one, but I do like the idea of a demented puppet master who controls the killer puppets. I'm glad that they are still on the same location, the scenic hotel on the beach side, and I do like how we get to see paranormal researchers from the 90s way before they became popular on reality TV. I think it's a good sequel, and we get to see some new puppets in action as well as some of the older ones. The story definitely seems a bit more crazy in this one, as it revolves around Toulon wanting to revive himself and Elsa as giant puppets in a creepy and memorable final scene, and once again the Puppets turn on their master just like in the original film. I'm looking forward to seeing part 3 next!

Comments