Basket Case 2

Basket Case 2
1990 film review by Wmpyr

I've seen a couple of Frank Henelotter's films such as Basket Case 1~3, Frankenhooker, and recently I just saw his latest film, titled Bad Biology in the blue ray dvd clearance bin at Fry's Electronics. This made me want to watch one of his films, I vaguely remember the Basket Case movies, so I went with Basket Case 2. I remember liking one of them much more than the others and I also remember not liking one of them too much. After watching it last night after watching the crazy movie Contracted on Netflix, Basket Case 2 was a trip, needless to say, Basket Case 2 was even more crazy than Contracted. I'm a little torn with Basket Case 2 because I like the story, I like the way it's written, the concept is kind neat, it's just really disturbing to see all the freaks. I am not a big fan of freakshow/sideshow stories even though they are fascinating and I have been watching the 2013 "reality" TV series Freakshow. Out of all these kinds of films I think, Nightbreed from Clive Barker is my favorite because it closes the gap between freaks and superheroes. Maybe one of these days, X-men will also head in that direction if Hollywood grows some balls. I can't say that I really like Basket Case 2 or that I found the film enjoyable, but it was most definitely memorable, and it does take me back to those days in the 90s when I was watching many B horror films, Killer Klown from Outerspace, C.H.U.D. II Bud the Chud, Puppet Master, The Howling series and so on.

Comments