OMFG Outlandish Mini Figure Guys October Toys

When I recently found out that October Toys made a batch called OMFG! (Outlandish Mini Figure Guys) based from the 80s toys such as M.U.S.C.L.E. and Monster In My Pocket, I had to get my hands on it. The package looks like a direct homage to the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures.
I got the series 1 glow-in-the-dark. I am looking forward to getting series 2 in the near future! I am definitely looking forward to collecting these!

Series 1 includes 5 figures that are non painted in one solid color, totally retro style, I am very happy about that, although they did offer some exclusive painted ones!
Let's take a closer look at each figure!

Crawdad Kid
Definitely looks like he could be a crew on The Flying Dutchman from Pirates of the Caribbean. He also makes me think that he is an intergalactic space felon, especially because those pincers look vicious, and that head piece makes him look like a desperado! If he was a Star Wars figure, he would be Greedo/Walrusman

King Castor
The big guy of the group, looks like something out of the film Labyrinth. M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinnikuman wise, he definitely fits right in as Sunshine/Parthenon/The Mountain type figure. I like the big upper body and tiny lower body contrast. If he was a Star Wars figure, he would be The Rancor

Multiskull
Easily my favorite of the group. He could be a super villain or super hero, because he is that cool. This figure really shows off a tremendous amount of tiny detail. If he was a Star Wars figure, he would be Darth Vader

Phantom Outhouse
All the reviews I've seen and read, this guy seems to be the most popular of the group. I guess people like the pun that he is a shit house, and his arms and legs are probably a mix of shit and piss. I sense lots of attitude here... vulgar attitude. But actually this is not far from the original M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinnikuman line because there was a figure back then named Benkiman who was a urinal-man with a turd on his head. If he was a Star Wars figure, he would be R2D2

Stroll
Last but not least we get a furry beast who looks like he "strolls" around leaving foot prints for Big Foot hunters, yeah he seems like a prankster, you can just tell by his exposed butt cheeks. A cute Sesame Street version of the Ray Harryhausen cyclops from the film The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. He would also be very fitting as a monster from Where The Wild Things Are. If he was a Star Wars figure, he would be Chewy

Let me say that all of these figures stand on a flat surface very well! The quality and details are amazing, the characters are creative and imaginative, and overall it stays true to the 80s toys it was based on, so my verdict is that the execution is very successful and they are a must have!

The 5 figures were designed and sculpted by various people from all over the world, from a contest they had where they selected the top 5 figures voted by the fans. This independent company October Toys does contest and take pre-order/donations in order to make this excellent line come to life. So please visit their website show support so we can see more awesome toys from them!
www.octobertoys.com

Comments